The mobile pass is a great option if you want to offer another option for fans that plan to go to many events. This digital pass is not tied to any events, instead it resets based on a predetermined amount of time. For example, schools will select to reset a pass every two hours so when a fan validates their pass at an event on Friday night it resets to be able to be used for a game on Saturday morning.
Mobile pass administration in GoFan HQ includes the following:
Creating a Mobile Pass: Adding a mobile pass is very similar to adding any other type of event, with a few specific callouts:
- A form will be added by default for new passes, collecting First Name, Last Name, Phone Number, and Email Address
- Redemption window (in hours) is a required value for mobile pass creation in HQ. This value can be entered in tenths of an hour
- Pass-specific unique links can be created for a pass
Editing a Mobile Pass: Similar to editing an event, only certain values can be edited for an existing mobile pass, depending on the end date of the pass and/or if passes have been sold.
- When viewing a mobile pass, you will see what the pass will look like for the fan - instead of the ticket view that is visible on events
- There is no ability to add an opponent or participant school to a mobile pass event
View and Manage Pass: Just like the fan management feature for tickets, you also have the ability to view and manage the fans who purchase a mobile pass. The view/sort/download functionality is the same for mobile passes as for events. There are a few specific callouts for mobile pass events, however:
- You can see how many times each pass has been used from the Redemption Count column on the table of attendees
- The redemption time of a mobile pass will show the most recent time the pass was used
- Additional form information collected can be viewed in the Attendee profile by selecting the fan's email address
Comp a Mobile Pass: We've introduced some new functionality in HQ, allowing you to generate comp pass(es) for fans.
- Just like on complimentary ticket(s) for an event, email address and quantity are required inputs
- For a comp mobile pass, First Name and Last name of the pass holder is also required